Thursday, February 02, 2006

Addendum...

Listening to: 'Maha Pirith'

Just a quick one...apparently the Danes apologised yesterday (maybe they read my blog! :D ). And the editor of the French newspaper that published the 'cartoons' in support of the Danish paper has been sacked. It is a positive turn of events in my opinion...I'm just concerned it's too late. Danish companies have already lost plenty of business in countries all over the world. In one of the many articles on the BBC regarding this topic, someone had said:
I think that the freedom of expression is more of an obligation than a right.
I think as far as the media goes, so do I. In my opinion, freedom of expression should be used as a tool to educate the public, not ridicule them.

Gotta go get ready for lectures.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!