Sunday, May 13, 2012

I need another life

Jonathan Overend, possibly the greatest radio tennis commentator to grace the airwaves in recent history (yeah I'm a fan, how'd you guess?) is in a jazz band.

James Toseland, former world superbike champion and all round hottie sings and plays the piano really really well.

I want to be good at my job, but I also want something more. I know I said I don't mind being defined by my job, and that's true - I don't. But as I sit in my living room on a Sunday afternoon marking project reports, I wish I had an outlet. All this work and no play just makes me feel a bit dull.

Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere, so what chance do I have eh. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Hey there... I meant to leave a comment long ago, honest, but never got round to it. Whether we like it or not our work will continue to define us... but yeah, I understand your yearning for a fuller, more rounded life.

    Congrats on the new job and the (?) new place! Where exactly is the middle of no where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't wanna be a one trick pony - it's not how I was in school, and it's not very inspirational.

      Thanks! Yup, new place :) It's a small town in the North East. Let's just say I see a lot of retired people on the bus :D

      Delete

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!