Thursday, September 28, 2006

"If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others."

Listening to: 'Last Request' by Paolo Nutini [These Streets]

OK the title isn't completely random: my mother gave me this calendar-esque "365 Motivational Quotes" thing and under September 28th, that's what it says. I thought it's quite fitting because at the end of the day, the objective of this PhD is to contribute to research, and possibly end up teaching. More on that later.

So yeah, I'm all unpacked. In the end it took a week, but oh well. Most of it was done by Sunday, and then I just took it easy. Now my room looks like...well, my room. Yes, MY room. And that's what counts. I still have to give some more clothes to Oxfam and put the posters up, but there's plenty of purple and Tatty teddy figures for it to be trademark PseudoRandom. It's helped get rid of the homesickness, which is another important point. And I still have too many clothes, but at least they now fit in my wardrobe!

I'm trying to think of the other things that have occupied my time for the past week and I'm only able to come up with Radio 1! I have to say though, there's a lot of nice new music on the radio. Muse, Lostprophets, My Chemical Romance, and many other bands have come out with some good singles. Even the new (dare I say) Pussycat Dolls single is quite decent!

Bang Bang's coming to stay tomorrow, which will be lovely. And then I start 'work' on Monday. My first assignment is to read a related PhD thesis - I can't help but think that I might not understand a word of it! I've also signed up to give supervisions to undergraduate students...poor them! Something tells me this transition from undergraduate to postgraduate is a more sudden version of the transition from adolescence (when you think you know everything) to adulthood (where you realise that you don't know anything). Interesting times lie ahead.

Oh and Paolo Nutini's voice is sooooooo sexy...I get goosebumps just listening to him! Too bad he isn't as yummy as he sounds.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!