Friday, November 23, 2007

History repeats (or maybe I just never learn)

Listening to: 'Hotel Paper' by Michelle Branch [Hotel Paper]

Seven years ago, I dared to criticise the leadership. There were things that I felt needed to change for the betterment of the community, and I thought (albeit mistakenly) that a little bit of constructive criticism from someone within the community would be appreciated. Did I insult them? No. Did I criticise them behind their backs? No. Did they get offended anyway? Hell yeah. Did they bully me to an extent that I told myself I would never voice my opinion again? You bet. Did I keep that promise? Well...

Yesterday, I dared to criticise the leadership. There were things that I felt needed to change for the betterment of the community, and I thought that a little bit of constructive criticism from someone affected (albeit slightly) by the situation would be appreciated. I was supported by some, so I know that I wasn't being delusional. Did I insult the leadership? No. Did they take my criticism personally and get offended anyway? Hell yeah.

Why is it that some people can't take constructive criticism? I have nothing to gain from criticising them, so my input is purely for their benefit. Instead of looking at it from a rational point of view, however, they choose to employ a knee-jerk reaction and rant and rave like lunatics. Arrogant, childish lunatics.

And why is it that I can't keep my mouth shut? Glutton for punishment? Masochist? Idiot? All of the above, I suppose.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!