Monday, July 17, 2006

Home is lovely.

Listening to: 'No Tomorrow' by Orson [Bright Idea]

Home is lovely. My father works till quite late but I won't complain 'cos I know he's doing it for me. My mother and I have been having awesome chats and it's nice to be able to rant without giving Shorty a headache! I've been eating like someone who's been starved for years...man I love fish curry! I saw The Incredibles (2nd time, for my parents' benefit), Water (which was absolutely amazing) and Must Love Dogs.

Home is lovely. I've been spending the past few days helping out my friends at the Chitrasena-Vajira Dance Foundation with preparations for a memorial exhibition and concert this weekend. It's quite a humbling experience to be in the company of such a great family. Quick plug: if you're in Colombo, and free on the 21st/22nd/23rd July, 'The Art of Chitrasena' will be on at the Lionel Wendt at 7pm on each day.

Yeah home is lovely...almost. If nothing pissed me off, it would be too good to be true, so I guess this is comforting, in a way. Now I've said before that my lovelife is on the backburner, and it is. And while I'm in England, with friends whose careers are paramount in their lives, I'm fine with being alone. I'd like to be in a relationship, but I don't need to be - I'm not that insecure. But less than two weeks at home, and I've already been subjected to "PR why don't you have a boyfriend?", "PR when are you gonna get a boyfriend?", "Aww so PR what are you gonna do?"! I'm sorry, did I hear right? What am I going to do? About what? The fact that I don't have a boyfriend is NOT A F***ING PROBLEM, DAMNIT!!! Why do people think of having a boyfriend as such a qualification? It's not like I've been beating guys off with a stick or anything. If and when I find a nice guy who's up for more than friendship, I'll give it a try. Until then, I'm not bothered. Why is that so difficult for people to understand? My mother says I need be more tolerant...I don't want to be tolerant, I want people to leave me alone! I hate being pressured. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

OK I'm calm. And hungry. Time for lunch, methinks.

2 comments:

  1. hello glad you're home and good. just being lazy at work and realised i hadn't checked your blog for ages! so helloo and well done on ur 2.1! :D anyways was wondering if it twould be ok if i linked you as 'Pseudorandom' on our blog?
    Much love
    K&K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.
    Been here, know the feeling...totally sympathize! =)

    ReplyDelete

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!