Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Proof that I've been spending too much time on the internet

Listening to: 'Tiny Dancer' by Elton John [Madman Across the Water]

So finally, the Home Office has got something right! In the application form for the UK visa, there's a question that goes something along the lines of "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" Now it doesn't say that you will be refused a visa should you admit to being convicted, but if Snoop Dogg's visa refusal is anything to go by, it sure seems like it! While I feel sorry for everyone who bought tickets to see him perform, I'm happy that at least in this case, the Home Office has shown that celebrities aren't above the law.

From one celebrity sphere to another...and the Bob Woolmer tragedy. Cricket Cluedo, they're calling it on the radio - a classic case of whodunit. And the tongue-wagging media are having a field day. Internal rifts, match fixing exposés...you name it, they've speculated it. The investigators promise that the case will be solved, but who knows.

Keeping with the cricket, I can't not comment on our dear neighbours' dismal performance last Friday. I know practically everyone has already seen this photo, but it begs mass distribution -


Need I say more?

India's exit from the World Cup has probably cost a lot of companies a whole lotta money, but in my honest opinion, it's good for cricket. Not because I have anything against the Indian cricket team, but because I'm not a fan of any one player (or in this case, team) being bigger than the game itself. Teams that play mediocre cricket don't deserve to be in the second round of the World Cup. And before you remind me about Ireland, I think it's great that they're in there. Had they been in any other group we might have a different top 8, but that's the luck of the draw. I guess the whole point of this World Cup being excruciatingly long is to sift out the teams that get to the Super 8 by chance.

On that note, I think I'll give up on waiting for the rain in Antigua to let up...West Indies, you better hope that tomorrow's a sunny day, you've got a hell of a lot of runs to chase!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!