Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm not dead...yet (but I'm getting there)

Listening to: 'Young Folks' by Peter Bjorn and John [Writers Block]

And so I return to the blogging world, in an attempt to regain some of the normalcy I've lost over the past two months. I can safely say that the past two months have been the most tumultuous of my life so far. What have I learnt? Well, for starters, complacency is a bitch. In the eyes of your superiors, you are incompetent until you prove them wrong...and then you're barely competent until you mess up again. And finally (and probably most importantly), good friends are all you need to get by. I won't go into details, but it'll suffice to say that now I'm back on track. Sort of.

The experience has changed me, though. The once highly gregarious PseudoRandom now dreads gatherings of more than five people, in the fear that someone will ask her about work. The one time Procrastinator Extraordinaire now works on weekends, and hasn't responded to Facebook wall posts for two months. The term 'social recluse' comes to mind.

Still, the time has come for me to get my life back. Having spent a mini fortune on M.A.C. cosmetics, I am now rarely seen without the magic of concealer covering my sins. A suitcase full of hand-me-downs has provided me with an array of stylish attire, and yours truly is no longer sporting the 'lazy student' chic at work. And from tomorrow, the university gym will become my hang out. I still don't think I deserve weekends or holidays, but the new me will have to accept that. I'm still pretty certain that I'll grow old overworked, underpaid and alone, but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Anyway, time to get ready for work.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!