Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sorting my life out

Listening to: 'Belief' by John Mayer [Continuum]

So this week has been all about sorting my life out. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and suddenly I'm skipping (purely figuratively, I hope) down the road and smiling like a jackass. Blue skies do help, but the fact that I'm also sleeping better means than life is currently...good. As a friend said today...it's about time :-).

So yeah. Firstly, OMFG how on earth can I afford to learn how to drive?!?!?!?! It's soooo bloody expensive. It must be done though; I feel a 'Daddy Dearest' call coming on.

I tried smoky eyes today. While I'm not sure if it was a success, I don't think it was complete failure either. I wasn't entirely convinced that smoky eyes would work on South Asian skin, but I think with a little practice, I can pull it off. Either that, or it'll be really effective Halloween make up!

I just got back from watching Brideshead Revisited. Don't you just love the cinematography in BBC films?! They manage to make England look so pretty! The same could be said for Matthew Goode's bum, I suppose ;-).

Hmm there are so many things to blog about! Nothing interesting, all just ramblings...but still. I read BBC News a lot while waiting for experiments to finish, and I recently realised that I've never really penned my thoughts on current affairs here, other than when specific incidents demand my attention. Which is a bit odd, considering that I do have an opinion on politics, religion and the like. I suppose that will have to join the increasingly long list of 'things to do'.

Oh and I've decided I need to find a man who can play electric guitar. I mean properly..not like a one trick pony. It's so sexy! I feel dreamy every time I listen to John Mayer's 'Gravity'. I know I'm kinda severely limiting my options here by specifying prerequisites for potential suitors, but hey, what have I got to lose? It's not like I'm fending off the masses right now :P

Oh well, enough for now. I think I shall go back to daydreaming along to John Mayer. Or maybe I should tidy my room. Hmm...

3 comments:

  1. Haha so you're gonna start driving in camb so you can terrorise the cyclists? Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, smoky eyes. i've always wanted to try it but never had the balls to. one reason is you can't get decent dark eye shadows here, another is i'm afraid i'll end up looking like a racoon :-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ermm...you try smoky eyes in SRI LANKA, with all the smudging and sweat...definitely Halloween makeup worthy.

    ReplyDelete

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!