Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Splashing out

Listening to: 'Finding Me' by Vertical Horizon [Everything You Want]

Just got back from swimming. Yes, swimming. Yours truly has decided to get some exercise that's not walking to and from the Chem Eng department. It won't be cheap, but I think it's worth it (and my father agrees...which is a good thing, considering it's his money!). Technically, I'm supposed to be able to swim - I have my '10m Front Crawl' certificate from primary school (I love how British schools give you certificates and 'star' stickers for every little thing). Practically, I can hardly float. I've managed to unlearn everything I learnt. D'oh! Thankfully the instructor is amazing and my 'classmates' are as clueless as moi.

Taking the advice of those who commented, I went and told the Safety Officer about my condition. The first-aiders will be informed so that in the event of an emergency, they'll watch out for me. My supervisor will also be told, so that I'm not asked to carry anything. Oooh and I get a pair of prescription safety specs paid for by the department! Maybe I should ask them for a new laptop while I'm at it, eh? ;-)

Oh and I bought 3 pairs of earrings today from Claire's - the only place in Cambridge with decent clip-ons.

Now I will end this slightly random blog post. I need sleep.

3 comments:

  1. you buy clip-ons too?!! I thought I was the only one! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the coolest card. it had a cheerleader with a bouncy head!

    thanks for tip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe yup Darwin...any good places to buy from? Claire's has some nice ones and a lot of very tacky ones :S

    Venus...I'm glad :D

    ReplyDelete

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!