Monday, September 29, 2008

Life's a bitch and then you die

Listening to: 'Long Hot Summer' by Girls Aloud [The Sound of Girls Aloud: The Greatest Hits]

So let's count. One weekend in June to see Shorty, and another day for a visit to the High Commission. One weekend in July for my cousin's b'day. One day in August for a concert in London. And that one day I took off recently. At the most, I've forgotten 2 days. So that's...7-9 days (including weekends) off in the last 4 months (I mean we're practically in October now). And you know what that means? For the remaining ~114 days, I have been in the lab.

Should it really take 114 days to set up an experiment? I don't know, but it has. And now finally, it seems like I've solved all the problems...except one: me. I put all my time and energy into getting my rig to work, and now I don't have any energy left (and not much time either) to actually use it. I'm spent.

If all goes well this week, I'll hopefully have the guts to tell my supervisor that I'm taking the weekend off and that he'll get the rest of the results next week. In reality I probably need a week to get back to normal, but no such luck. I just hope I can survive this week. Judging by my panic attack this morning, I'm not so sure.

All this for three letters at the end of my name. What a pathetic joke.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!