Friday, October 16, 2009

Quick Update

Listening to: 'Hypercaine' by DJ Fresh [Kryptonite]

About a month back, I blogged about my 'philosophy of teaching', as part of my application for the Teaching Associate Programme. The essay I handed in was more or less what I put in that post, if at all slightly modified based on the feedback I received. Apologies for those of you on Twitter who have heard this already, but I just wanted to say, I GOT IN!!! It's been a while since something good happened without any heartache, so I'm chuffed, to put it mildly. The introductory session is next Wednesday, so only then will I know what's in store. It doesn't matter though...I'm one step closer to doing what I want to do with my life, and that feels good.

However, it's not all hunky dory. I had an interesting meeting with my supervisor this week. The good news is, the end of my PhD is in sight! The bad news is, I have tons of experiments to do before I head home for xmas. And by 'experiments', I mean those of the 22-hr variety. So I'm in for more than a few sleepless weeks. I'm worried that my body won't be able to handle it, but I have no choice. I'm going to have to banish the word 'tired' (and its various synonyms) from my vocabulary. But if it means I can have a proper guiltless holiday at home (with some proper sleep thrown in), it'll be worth it.

OK gotta run now. The wonderful Ajahn Brahmavamso is giving a talk in half an hour...I've never seen him live so I'm looking forward to this!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations:), hope the Ajahn Brahm talk is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh congratulations Pseudo!!! way to go! :D and yaaaay about the PhD too! :D

    good to know that you're getting to see the thero! I once saw one of his talks on TV and it was captivating! hope you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats P :) :) Am hapeee for u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Pseudo! Hope you enjoyed the talk... I've heard Ajahn Brahm "live" a couple of times when he was in SL and they were such inspiring and uplifting talks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congrats! really happy for you, you must be looking fwd to escaping lab-life soon then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. N - thanks! It was great :-)

    webm - thanks :-)

    Chavie - thanks kiddo! Yeah the talk was great :-)

    Dee - tank ooo :-)

    Angel - thanks! Yeah the talk was amazing...inspiring and uplifting indeed!

    Darwin - thanks! sigh yeah I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Speak now, or forever hold your peace (well not really)!